Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend Update

We had a nice weekend. On Saturday we went down on the El, which is Big Cubby’s favorite thing, to Wrigley Field. The Chicago Cub player’s wives were having a food drive. I wanted Big Cubby to learn about giving to others who need it so I thought this would be a cool way.

We got down there before the game and it was all ready abuzz. I took Big Cubby up to the table and we handed over our bags of food. Todd Walker’s wife took our food and for donating we got two player autographed photos. Todd Walker’s wife is too cute. She was thanking Big Cubby and was asking if he like baseball. Big Cubby goes go Cubbies. It was funny.

The two players we received were catcher Henry Blanco and catcher Michael Barrett. It was pretty cool. I am going to frame them and put them on his wall.

We did not go to the game which Big Cubby kept asking if we were going. Next year I think I am going to get tickets for us.

Sunday was sports day at our apartment. The Bears and the Cubs were playing so we jumped back and forth.

EMMY’S
Last night I watched the Emmy’s and was kind of boring. There were a few funny parts like Jon Stewart and Conan O’Brien. I love those guys.

I watched some of the pre-show on E and let me tell you I can not stand Star Jones. She can not interview a person to save her life. She is horrible. She gushes over all the celebrities to the point that even they look at her like this is over the top.

Kathy Griffin is the only good about that pre-show and they seemed to keep her reeled in. It is a shame.

One thing I thought was so stupid. They mentioned when Halle Berry arrived that she was wearing a ponytail and that meant tomorrow ponytails would be in. Shit, I have been wearing a ponytail since Big Cubby was born 4 years ago. I hate that comment because a ponytail has always been in style. I hate when people try to make something big when it is not. It is pathetic.

Well that is my take on the Emmy’s. I really could have cared less who won because I don’t watch half the shows nominated so I don’t really know if anyone got ripped off.

3 comments:

CozyMama said...

Did they win?

cubmommy said...

They did not win on Saturday but they did on Sunday. They split the series with the Cardinals.

Ryan said...

I love ponytails, I guess we mommies are the trendsetters. Halle Baerry doesn't even have any kids and therefore no excuse for having the I have no time to do my hair pretty because I am a mom ponytail.
I hate Star Jones too, I have often wondered how she or people like her got famous in the first place, what is her talent again and what exactly does she get paid for?