Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Press My Luck

I survived another outing. I braved the world and went to Sam’s Club today. I bribed the boys with animal crackers.

I was speeding down the aisles like I was on the game show Supermarket Sweep.

Luckily I had only a few things to get. They boys behaved well enough and I made it back home.

So what to I do? I decide to load Little Cubby in the backpack carrier and Big Cubby in the running stroller and headed up to the library. I had to push my luck today. We get up there and I return some books. I let out Big Cubby to look for books to check out and it was all over. He wanted to run around the library. Meanwhile, Little Cubby is pulling my hair out of its ponytail and smacking me in the back of the head.

I manage to grab a few books for Big Cubby and went to wrangle him in. He did not want to come so I told him that Little Cubby and I were going home to get a snack and we were leaving him there. That did the trick. He jumped on the running stroller and we were out the door.

By the time we got home I was sweating so much there was a sweat outline on my back of my bra. Oh so gross.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL! I feel your pain. The last post and this are the story of my life! I hate going out with my two kids cuz I know it will end in disaster... And then.... when they do well I totally push my luck, always thinking that maybe my kids magically grew up overnight and now we can start going out together. Needless to say, I am always wrong.
Thanks for making me understand that I am not alone!

cubmommy said...

Your welcome! You are definitely not alone.

Unfortunately the payday landed in the middle of the week. Usually it lands on the weekend so my husband can watch the boys while I do the errands.