Last night around 9pm my husband and I were enjoying a cool night with the windows open when all of the sudden this odor came drifting through our windows.
I looked at my husband and said that smells like a skunk but that can't be right because I don't think there are any skunks in the city.
Note: We do not live near a forest perserve and are surrounding by houses and apartments. I think the nearest one is 6 to 10 miles away.
My husband says yeah it does smell like a skunk. We closed the windows and we looked out the window. We did not see anything. The neighbors across the street were doing the same thing.
The smell was horrendous. I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach.
This moring my husband went to the gym and when he came back he said that it was definitely a skunk last night. It was hit by a car right in front of our apartment building. Sure enough I looked out the window and there is a skunk with all of its insides everywhere.
Big Cubby keeps talking about and looking out the window. I have been dancing around his questions.
We called the city this morning to report it so someone can come out to pick it up. Unfortunely it is a holiday today and nobody has come out. So all day we have to keep our windows closed and keep the four year old away from the window.
I grew up in southern Illinois where there is a lot of areas for wild animals to roam. This is the first for me living in the city.
Thank goodness my son has no idea about Loony Tunes.
1 comment:
Skunks are only glamorous on TV.
Post a Comment