Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Refrigerator Madness

Oh boy have I been pissed off the last few days. We rent so I have to call the landlord when anything goes wrong well something went wrong.

We have been having trouble with our refrigerator for month and sometime on Sunday night our refrigerator went completely out. Monday morning I went to get Big Cubby breakfast and noticed the fridge was a little warm I opened up the freezer it was blowing hot air.

We called the landlord which the only way is to leave a message on a voicemail. He gets back to us around 10am and tells us he is sending out a guy to look at it. The guy shows up around noon and fixes it. So I am thinking great maybe I can salvage some of the food.

We go out to the park and grab something to eat and when we get back I go to put something in fridge and it is hot. The freezer is hot. This is 7pm. I call the guy who fixed it and he says we will have to get a new one. So we both call the landlord and leave a message.

He does not get back to us until 10:30am the next day and tells us he is buying a new one but probably won’t be delivered today.

They delivered the fridge today at 1:30pm. Now I am totally pissed off because we lost everything in the fridge. We buy a lot of things in bulk and we did so recently all gone.
Yogurt, cheese, milk, expensive baby yogurt and chicken just to mention a few. GONE!

The landlord did not offer to get coolers for us or offer to cover our lose in food. Nothing! Well we are taking money out of our rent to replace the groceries we lost.

The landlord has tried to fix the fridge several times when it was obvious it needed to be replaced.

It takes forever to get anything done around here and when they do show up they do a shitty job.

I HATE this place. We have lived here for 3 and a half years. The neighborhood is changing and it doesn’t seem as safe. I am ready to move. We have to wait until next year because of a lease but I am all ready planning on moving out.

I could give you a list of things I hate about this place but I won’t bore you.

So, I have a new fridge but no food to put in it.

I think I will start doing yoga and try to relax.

1 comment:

Piece of Work said...

UGH! What a nightmare!