Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Window Looking

Today we took the boys downtown to see the holiday windows at Marshall Field's. The theme this year is Cinderella. Big mistake. Big Cubby was not impressed. Little Cubby did not like the cold. It was very cold today.

We took them over to the main library and let Big Cubby look at books at the library. He got grouchy and did not want to check out any books so we left.

The ride down on the El was fine. Big Cubby is so into trains so he really enjoyed watching everything out the window. On the way home both boys fell asleep on the train. It was a nice quiet ride.

We haven't gone and visited the big guy, Santa yet. Maybe this weekend we might take the boys. I have yet to put up any Christmas decorations. I need to go by a new tree.

I have decided to stop stressing over Christmas. I have been making myself sick worrying about our budget and whether or not we can afford anything. I just read a story about an infant dying over in Pakistan because it is winter and there are a lot of homeless people due to the earthquake they had. I realize my babies have a warm bed to sleep in and have food to eat.

I have decided not to get caught up in the materialization of the holiday. We are staying home so it will be just the four of us and I have decided to make it easy and stress free.

3 comments:

Mise en Place said...

AMEN to that girl! I haven't start with any decorations yet either, so don't feel alone.

It's hard to rememeber how much we really have until we see into the lives of others. You are so on the mark about Christmas. I'm right behind you. Relax and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Remember that on Christmas morning, 90% of kids across America will be playing with the BOX their present came in instead of the present. Christmas will be magic no matter what - your kids will make it that way.

Piece of Work said...

Good for you! You guys will have a wonderful family holiday, there is no need for a lot of fuss.