Saturday, November 05, 2005

It turned out good

Last night we watched Emeril Live where Emeril and Elmo cook a healthy meal. The food looked really good so I went online and printed out the recipes.

Today I decided to make the Powered Packed Spinach Salad. OK you are thinking what is so hard about making a salad well it is the dressing that I was worried about. I am not a good cook. When I follow a recipe it always turns out tasting bad. I don't like to cook probably because of the reason I just mentioned.

So I make the salad and then I make the dressing. I followed the recipe so I was a little afraid. I gave a bowl of the salad to Hubby and let him try it. He could not believe it the dressing tasted really good. I actually made something that turned out right.

I was very happy. I am planning on trying the Lean Mean Turkey Loaf and the Pasta Primavera.

Wish me luck. I still don't care to cook but maybe with a few more successes I might be persuaded to cook more.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Good Luck. My husband loves watching Emeril and most of the cooking channels.

Piece of Work said...

ooh, I can't wait to hear how the rest turned out. You know I love recipes that work, since so often the ones I try . ..well, suck.

Mise en Place said...

Hurray, hurray! It's always great when things workout in the kitchen, that goes for cooking too. LOL!

Really though, I'm glad your husband liked it and you felt good about the out come. I personally, LOVE to cook, and would have probably furthered my abilities with schooling if I didn't want a family so much. I refuse to try both, family has to be first for now.

I have some very easy and YUMMY recipes (moatly out of my head)I'd be happy to email you if you are at all interested.

:):)

cubmommy said...

Momyblogr- I would love some recipes. email me at cubmommy@gmail.com

eatmisery said...

I watched that Emeril episode, too. I loved it!

I'm also glad your dressing turned out well. Congrats!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

You know Cubmommy, I am horrible at cooking, and still never attempted that roasted chicken I swore I would try. I'm right there with you though--I think preparing a salad with homemade dressing is cooking too!

Was it Elmo, the little red monster? I love him! Oh, and Emeril too!

Many French Jewish Cooks Eat In Workshops.

cubmommy said...

Yes it was The Elmo. Telly was there also. My son loved watching it but did not want to eat what they were making. He is very picky.



Rude Kings Fight With Monkeys Yet Zoo's Ecstatic