Well everybody I am back. We had a good Thanksgiving. We went down to southern Illinois to visit Hubby's family. We had a good time.
The drive down wasn't too bad. The boys did pretty well for the six hour trip. We stayed with Hubby's parents. Hubby's brother and sister-in-law came over to visit as well. They really enjoyed playing with the boys.
Thanksgiving dinner was awesome. Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, veggies and cranberry jello dish with cranberries and nuts in it. We had pumpkin pie for dessert. We totally stuffed ourselves.
Friday, Hubby and I went on a date and saw the movie Just Friends. Oh my god this was funny! We just laughed and laughed. I love Ryan Reynolds. Anna Faris is so funny. We had a great time and it was a nice break from the boys. I can not remember the last movie we saw together. It has to be at least two years. The boys had fun playing with their Nana and Papa.
We came home on Saturday and the drive was painful. Both boys were grumpy. Big Cubby was upset because he wanted to stay at his Nana and Papas. Little Cubby was crying and whining for two hours on the trip because he wanted out of his seat. We could not wait to get home.
Little Cubby's sleeping was horrible. I would nurse him and lay him down at home he would go back to sleep.Well, on the trip he started with crying when I laid him down. We tried everything but nothing worked and we got little sleep. Last night at home he was up all night again. There was heated exchange early this morning between Hubby and I. Lack of sleep sucks.
I don't know what is wrong with Little Cubby. Not sure it is his teething because when he is up at night he wants to be held or he wants to play. Not sure how much we can take.
Overall, the trip was fun. We had a nice visit but I am glad to be home. Going back home makes us realize why we left in the first place. I can not stand area. It is really hard to explain but I know I could not live there again.
I hope everyone had a nice weekend!
3 comments:
Glad you guys had a good holiday, but I'm sorry the little one is not sleeping. Dough Boy goes through stages like that. Actually, he's in one right now! Ugh, what I would do for 5 hours of uninterupted sleep!!
Have a great week!
A night out with hubby, makes the six hour ride worth it. I swear, when I don't feel like wrappin' him right in the head, I would take that drive once a week, lol.
Glad you had a great time. What's up with the little cub-meister? Does he NOT know how precious sleep really is? LOL
Hang in there.
This happens to us every time we travel with Miss K. She's lousy about sleep the whole time we're gone, and also the first couple of nights we're back. It may just resolve itself in a few days - I hope so for your sake!
Post a Comment