Well, today is my birthday. I am now 33 years old. Unlike my husband I have no problem with being in my 30's.
I don't feel like a grown-up even though I have two kids. We still rent an apartment. I have never owned a house. All of our furniture is the kind you get at IKEA and has to be put together. I have never owned furniture that all ready came assembled. I use milk crates as storage. We have been taken over by toys and kid books. Not your typically grown-up home.
The key thing is I don't care. I would like to have a house someday and I would like to have nice furniture but it is not important to me.
I have a wonderful husband and children. We are healthy and fed. We have a roof over our head. We can't afford a lot right now because of debt but we are working on it and I think this experience has made us grow strong as a family.
Wait a minute maybe I am a grown-up after all.
Happy Birthday to me!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your day! You deserve it!
Happy Birthday! In the big picture, I have decided that I am much happier in my 30s than I was in my 20s.
Have a wonderful day!!
happy belated birthday! can't wait to read more of your blog :)
amy
Post a Comment