Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Night the Lights went out in Chicago/Running woman

Last night we had a power outage a little before 1am and it lasted until 2:30am. We are fan people and need to have them on when we sleep for the noise. When the power went out Cub Daddy and I woke up immediately and unfortunately so did Little Cubby. Little Cubby thought it was party time. He wanted to play and crawl around. We tried everything to get him back to sleep but he was not having it. Big Cubby did not wake up at all which is not normal. Once the power came back on I finally got Little Cubby to sleep around 3am. Little Cubby woke up again around 6am. Cub Daddy and I were exhausted today.

Cub Daddy came home early so we decided to walk up to a park. By the time we got up there Big Cubby was red in the face and his hair was all wet. We grabbed some water and headed over to the sled hill. Big Cubby loves to run up and down the hill. We love it because it wears out Big Cubby.

Big Cubby wanted me to run up and down with him. Boy I haven’t ran since having Big Cubby. I was pooped out. We walked over to the play area and Big Cubby played chase with a little boy and then went up and down the slide.

We head back toward the sled hill to a path that leads around this golf course to head home. We figured one more trip up and down the hill would tire out Big Cubby. We do that and start to head home. Big Cubby then announces he can not find his Spiderman phone. He had it in is pocket when we left. So I go back and retrace our steps.

To be quick, I decide to run back. I run to the sled hill. I run up and down the sled hill. I run across this ball field. I run back to the playground we were at and a nice family had found the phone. I thanked and headed back.

I run across the field, by the sled hill and meet back up with the family. I drank some water and ask where Little Cubby’s hat was. The family had started back to find me and he must of dropped it on the way. So I start to run to where we were to find it and a woman with her child getting a drink from the fountain said she found it.

I told them I was never taking them out again. Just kidding.

You wonder why did you run. Well, in our neighborhood if someone finds something they keep it. It has happened to us before when Little Cubby lost a hat on walk couple of months ago. We did not go far when we realized it was missing and two women with babies in strollers had passed us and I know they picked it up but did not say anything when we were looking for it. We also lost a Batman figurine on a walk and some kids picked it up. There aren’t too many honest people in our neighborhood.

There are several pickup trucks that drive around going through the trash and pick up things people throw away. We call the Sanford and Sons truck because most of the stuff piled in the back is junk. This neighborhood is not known for hospitality.

So I ran in hopes of finding the items and lucked out that people were nice in enough to give back the items that they found. I am exhausted. I had boob sweat and back sweat. I was wearing a t-shirt and Capri jeans not what you would call a running outfit.

I know I probably should have told Big Cubby that he learned a lesson by not bringing his toys to the park but I knew he would have been so heartbroken if I did not try and look.

So today Big Cubby called me a great mommy who knows what he will call me tomorrow.

No comments: