Sorry it has been awhile since I have posted anything. We have been dealing with a lot of unknown lately and we are trying to get our heads around it.
You might remember about a month ago I mentioned that my Hubby went to his bosses with a proposition for working down in Southern Illinois and they really did not go for it. Well, this is where it is going to get confusing. When Hubby went to his bosses they mistook his suggestion as he was moving in May with or without this job. Whoa, not what Hubby said. The bosses said they were trying to work on something for him.
Then they come back with he would still be editor and would have full salary. Then they come back with he will still be editor but with half a pay cut and will have to come up to Chicago every month for a week. They tell him if he stays here then he can keep his full salary. Nothing has been finally yet. They haven't officially given him an offer. He is hearing a lot of this as heresay.
Right now he is by himself on the publication he works for. They have just hired a person who starts next week and are offering a person a positon this week. So now there will be three people on staff.
We have gone back and forth on this weighing the pros and cons. Basically the reason why we want to move down there is because we feel we need to be around family for awhile. The boys are little and need to have interaction with grandparents.
A big con would be I will have to get a part time job for awhile. Sadly, the only thing I will be able to get is a mall job. Not a whole lot of jobs down there. I am willing to do this while Hubby works on getting his freelance business up and running that he will be doing as well as his job now. Hopefully this help in the long run. We are going to have to cut a lot of stuff we do and I told Hubby I would give up cable tv for awhile (GULP). This is big especially since the Cubs season starts in April and I watch all the games. I am willing to sacrifice.
We have until May to figure out what is going on. I am a little nervous about the future since we have no idea if Hubby will have a job or not.
We have been discussing is this worth it or a mistake. Only time will tell. So we don't know anymore then we did a month ago.
Hubby did get a phone interview with a company in St. Louis, MO. It went well and the guy called him again for a short interview. We will see.
I am sure you are confused right now and that is how I feel. So, up and down we go and I hate roller coasters. I am trying not to stress about this and trying to hold on to my faith that we will be taken care of.
8 comments:
Hope it all turns out well. I'm sure it's scary at the moment, though...
I'm sure the uncertainty is un-nerving! Hopefully it will all work out for the best. It sounds like Hubby's job hasn't always been the best, so a change might be just what you guys need.
Think about it... you have been with the boys for the most important time... they are securely attached and bonded! Some people have to leave their babies two weeks or so after they're born! First I cancelled my dish then I sold an alomost new 36" Sony Wega after Snowflake was born because I didn't want him to be a little zombie. It was weird at first but I don't regret it one bit! Giving up your team may be the hardest and that's totally understandable. It's amazing the things you can accomplish and how much more in tune you are without a big ass TV in the house. It will all work out! Good vibes to you!
WOW! I know you are screaming "Stooooop, I want to get off!"
Take care...something will work out.
There is always a pro to all of the insanity... You look back and say "Look! We made it!!"
I'll be thinking about you guys.
Here's one of my favorite quotes....."The only thing that stands between a person and what they want in life is the will to try it and the faith to believe it possible." Rich Devos
What it means to me is whether you think you can, or think you can't.....you are right!
Everything will work out...but you must believe it so.
I hope it all works out for your benefits. Uncertainty is horrible.
However, you can always watch the Cubs games with your boys over here at my house.
Cubmommy--keep the faith. If you stay, at least you're familiar with the HERE. If you go, at least you'll be with FAMILY.
Post a Comment