Friday, February 17, 2006

My First Time

It has been 5 nights now that I haven't gotten a good nights sleep. I am on the verge of a breakdown.

Hubby suggested as his anniversary gift to me I should get a hotel room for a night so I can get a good nights sleep.

Guess what? I just booked a room. This is a big step for me. I am can never do anything for myself. I feel guilty about it. I decided for everyone's benefit I should do this so I am. I have never spent a night away from my babies. This is going to be hard. I am going to spend Saturday night away from home.

I am excited and scared about this. I have a plan that involves having a nice meal, going for coffee and browsing books at a bookstore then heading back to read and relax. Going to bed early and sleeping in I hope.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I will update Sunday.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

jealous.
i know you will love it.
jealous jealous jealous.

Erin said...

Oh you will such a wonderful time! Make sure you really do relax AND you do go to sleep early. I know myself, and I'd end up staying up too late!! Have fun and be sure to update! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you DARE feel guilty about it. Savor every moment of it - you will have such a good time!

Dani said...

Take that precious time you have to yourself and enjoy it. It's a rare gift to have so much time for yourself.

Be sure and pull the curtains, stretch out in your bed and don't arose from your slumber until check out time.

eatmisery said...

I hope you can get the rest you so badly need. It's the best present you could possibly get.

I wish you luck.

Ms. Mamma said...

I just got goosebumps! What a thrill! Enjoy every moment, mommy! That is just divine! Can you tell I'm excited for you by my over-use of exclamation points?!?!!!!

Mise en Place said...

No reason to feel guilty. Go. Read. Relax. Enjoy. Most of all SLEEP!

Good for you!

Fern Bourrie said...

Enjoy and don't feel guilty!!!

Mieke said...

Have a wonderful time!!! I hope you slept long and hard.

Sugarmama said...

This sounds like a fabulous anniversary gift! Glad your dear spouse has figured out a great present for you. Enjoy it, and don't feel guilty at all. It's just one day in your kids' long lives, and you deserve some rest. A mama having a breakdown is no good for anyone, after all!

CozyMama said...

good for you to do this!!! looking forward to how it went.