I survived my first overnight away from my boys. I had a relaxing time.
Saturday morning I got all the grocery shopping done and came home got my bag all packed. I went to eat at Noodles & Company which was really good. Then I headed over to Barnes & Noble to look around. I don't get this chance very often to browse the books. I grabbed a coffee and headed over to the hotel to check in.
I get there and I am put in a room in the holidome. This is good and bad. Good being a female all by herself and having the front desk not that far but bad because the pool was near by.
My luck would have it there was a birthday party at the pool for a bunch of kids. There were tables by my room and people sat out there drinking. I checked in around 5pm. I had a king bed all to myself. I took a shower and got into some comfy clothes. I laid on the bed and got all the stuff I wanted to read out. I turned on the tv and SIU basketball was on ESPN2 which was awesome. I got through a couple of magazines and decided to flip through the channels on the tv. Meanwhile kids are really loud outside the room.
By 10:30pm the pool had closed and the noise had quieted down. I feel asleep and I woke up once because I think my body is used to waking up a lot during the night but I went right back to sleep. I woke up in the morning at 7am but just laid in the dark until 8am. I got up and went to breakfast at the restaurant next to the hotel that has awesome pancakes. Went back to the room and just relaxed until about 10am then went to check out.
I really did feel rested. I could have used one more night but I take what I can get. Hubby did not have the best night. Big Cubby was really amped up and wasn't listening very well. Little Cubby was up all night he was upset I wasn't there so he punished Hubby. The neighbors were loud upstairs that Hubby started to get his shoes to head up there when they got quiet. He looked exhausted when I got home. I brought him a venti Latte from Starbucks because I knew he was going to need it.
I was a great experience and I know it helped me out a lot. We can't afford this all the time but if we move closer to family Hubby and I just might get to have time to be together all by ourselves. I felt that in away it was a waste of a room because Hubby was not there to enjoy it if you know what I mean;)
I appreciated the time apart from the boys and I hope they did too even though they are too little to understand.
The time was well spent!
6 comments:
Sounds like a lovely evening. Try to do it again from time to time!
It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I have to admit I am envious. I'm sure that Hubby and the little guys were missing you, but did just fine.
I'm glad you enjoyed the time away. Everyone needs it once in while. AND, I do know what you mean about wasting the room Girl. Maybe next time.
So glad it went well for you.
And. I think this is what I need to do for myself as well!
Good for you! It's nice to start reclaiming time for yourself. Essential to any mother's piece of mind.
I am flying to SF on Friday morning and won't be back until Saturday night (I was going to pop up and be back by Friday night -it's a quick 50 minute flight, but Jefferson encouraged me to take some time for myself). I can't wait to hang out with Peter and relax.
This sounds like a GREAT evening! I wouldn't mind one of these myself...
Post a Comment