I was going to write about going out with the masses this weekend to do some Christmas shopping but now it seems not so interesting. I will say that I can not stand the kiosk people at the mall. I know they have a job to do but they are highly annoying.
The cell phone company employees are like slimy car salesman you would see in the movies with the plaid pants and white dress shirt with a bright color tie who has sweat stains in the pit area and the button over their belly is about to burst. Man, they can be so obnoxious. It is a turn off when they are yelling for you to come here.
Then you got the people trying to sell some pillow thing that is heated. Every time you walk by they are like “hey come touch this. You must touch this.” Dude, I am not touching anything because you say so. I would be more than happy to show where they can put that pillow.
Then you got the people trying to get you over there so they can show you the miracle product that will make your hands smooth, make you smell great, make you look 10 years younger, will cure cancer. I was walking by some of these people and in front of me were three little old ladies and I almost ran over them as they tried to flee the area where these people were.
So far I have talked about shopping this weekend ok so I will bore you some more. I got a lot done and was pleased with my purchases.
I went to buy some new jeans and to look for a new sweater. What is the deal with women’s clothes? They only make clothes for juniors and old women. You know what I am talking about the clothes that make you either look like a slut or make you look like a grandma. Why don’t they make cute clothes for us Mom’s? It is frustrating. I am not ready to wear the sweaters for every holiday. I hope I don’t offend anyone but I am not ready for that. All I am looking for is something cute that doesn’t show off the belly yet can be considered hip. I guess I will stick with my comfy pants and jeans with turtlenecks and solid color sweaters.
So there my adventures in shopping. Unfortunately I have to do some more shopping this week. I will be glad for Christmas to get here so I can relax.
6 comments:
I've wondered the same thing about women's clothes in the last few years. But maternity clothes have made giant strides forward between the time I had my first baby 7-1/2 years ago and recently. I had all sorts of cute things while I was pregnant that I didn't want to give up once Bean was born. If I could just find those things NOW in non-pregnant cuts, I'd be thrilled. They covered you up plenty but were still very stylish...
Amen, girl. Amen.
Sounds like a Mexican beach! It's almost over! Old Navy is a good bet...always cheap, hip and comfy weather you're pregnant, working it off or heroin chic!
Shopping is always a joy, isn't it? UGH!
I would like to tell the pillow people where to put it too!
Funny!
I will be glad for Christmas to get here as well....
And to just go away for another year!
I hate shopping. That's why I make my husband do it all. I have no patience.
Post a Comment