Friday, August 03, 2007

six week appointment

Had my six week doctor appointment and everything is great. I have lost half the weight I gained during pregnancy. I would love to lose 5 to 10 more pounds but that requires exercise which requires energy and I don't have much energy right now.

Hubby is happy the six weeks are over because he thinks he is getting lucky. I have news for him that what he wants requires energy and I don't have any.

Baby C sleeps from 9pm to about 3am and then gets up again by 5 or 6 am. Not too bad but when you include Little Cubby getting up every other night there is no sleep in this house.

Last night was one of those nights. Little Cubby woke up around 11pm crying. He was up until after 12am then Hubby got up with him at 2am and then found him playing in the playroom at 3am. Little C is in a great mood today, not.

Things are getting a little better. I am starting to figure out a routine. I have taken the kids to the park a couple of times this week which is a huge deal for me. It has worked out fine. I put baby in the stroller and Little C in the wagon. I have Big C pull the wagon.

I still won't take them to the store with me.

I have been getting out in the evenings after Hubby comes home and going for a walk. This is just to clear my mind.

There is some major stuff going on right now in our lives and I can't quite talk about it yet. Maybe in my next post.

5 comments:

Ms. Mamma said...

Hey Mama! Just sending you some good thoughts and hugs. You've got a whole lotta stuff happening! Sounds like you're handling it with class. xo

cubmommy said...

Thanks Heidi! I feel like I am holding it together by a thread sometimes.

xxxx said...

The baby is hard enough, but then Little Cubby too! You must be EXHAUSTED! I hope you are doing OK. The baby is gorgeous!

B. said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I'm going the opposite way now...at 10 weeks and have gained about 6 pounds.

XYZinn said...

Hang in there. I know how you feel. I have a 4 month old and a 2 year old and sleeping is definitely a thing of the past. I think the lack of sleep is one of the hardest parts of motherhood.