This past weekend my in-laws came up to visit. This was really great because Hubby and I got to go on a date.
They came over Saturday morning and told us to leave. Hubby and I walked down to the local bookstore and looked around then we headed over to this Irish restaurant and pub for lunch. It was great. Hubby and I got to talk without being interrupted.
I even got to have a beer, a grown up drink. We stuffed ourselves and then we walked over to the art store and bought a portfolio case for Hubby. We then headed to Starbucks and sat outside with our drinks.
We walked home to see how everybody was doing. They were great so we decided to jump in the van and head to Barnes and Noble. It was great. Hubby and I could concentrate on looking at books without kids throwing a fit every two seconds. After browsing, we headed home to relieve the grandparents.
It was an awesome date. We had four hours together without kids. We got to talk about our future which is a huge deal right now. I will save that for another post.
I love when we get to see my in-laws because they love watching the kids and don’t get to do that very often because we live so far away. It was a very busy but good weekend.
7 comments:
manic sent me..gonna poke around!
Glad you had a great time!
What a wonderful way to spend four hours! I'm so happy you could get away. It's so important.
That's my kind of in-laws you have there! This kind of thing is so important for you and your husband to get out and do. Re-charging with some grown-up couple time makes you better, more relaxed parents for sure!
Every couple needs some alone to interconnect. I can't wait to go on vacation with my Honey next month, it's been awhile...
its nice to go on a "date" and not have to order chicken tenders the moment you sit down...
I stalked you from Manic so you can blame her. :o)
Your date with Cub Daddy sounds fabulous! Those are my favorite kind of no-kid days with my husband. Of course, my kids are 15 and nearly 13 so we can just ditch them whenever we feel like it.
But I remember how precious it was to get away for some grown up time when they were small.
Post a Comment