Our friends, who were affected by the hurricane, were going to come up to Chicago because our friend B had a conference to attend. He was going to bring his wife and little girl and visit with us this week. We thought that was cancelled since they have been staying with family and were going to concentrate on getting home.
Well, they decided to come up anyway so we got to spend the day with them yesterday. Great news is that there house is definitely ok. There is no damage. They have neighbor who checked out their house and have seen pictures on the internet of it. What a relief! They can not go back yet because the power has not been restored yet.
We took them to the Lincoln Park zoo. This is the first time we have been able to see each others kids since they have been born. Big Cubby and Big C hit it off. They are both 4. They were so cute together. They would hold hands and tickle each other. When we said goodbye to them last night they hugged and gave each other kisses then said I love you! Too cute.
We went to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. We normally don’t eat big meals like this and let me tell you I am paying for it today. My stomach is killing me. We got back home around 8pm. The boy’s bedtime is 8 so we were out longer then normal. We were exhausted.
Little Cubby decided to wake up 7 times last night. I am trying to stay awake today and it has been hard. Of course on the night I really needed to get some sleep.
We are going to see them tomorrow and maybe go to the aquarium.
I will post a few pictures of Big Cubby and Big C later. They are too cute!
1 comment:
Cheesecake Factory...yummy...
Post a Comment