Thursday, September 21, 2006

That's what she said

Sorry for the no posting lately. I have been dealing with sinus problems due to the sudden temp change here. I have had sinus headaches behind my eyes. Sucks.

I chose the title above because I love The Office and it starts the new season tonight.

Here are a couple of tidbits for you.

Meeting up with Manic Mom and Swishy was really fun. I actually got to talk to adults and have adult beverages. I had all ready met Manic Mom and knew she was really cool. I met Swishy for the first time and she is very pretty and really cool. They pretty much tell all that happen when we met up here and here except for one thing I made a fool out of myself when it was time to say goodbye. Check out the photos. I look like crap.

We ended up parking in the same parking garage. We also parked on the same floor. We get up there and I start to look for my van and I am not seeing it. I see the wall with the signs and realize that there is a permit parking sign. Now I start to panic thinking that my van has been towed. Manic Mom says it shouldn’t have been towed I parked right here with the same sign. I am starting to freak a little. Manic Mom asks me if I have the right garage. I tell her I am positive it is the right one.

I hit my find your car button on my key chain my van starts going off behind me parked by the same looking wall with the same signs on the wall. I just about died from embarrassment. I said my goodbyes, got into the van and called myself an idiot. I waved goodbye and drove home. They also found out I can’t tell a joke at all. I screw them up all the time.

Other news I went to the ice cream social at my son’s preschool last night. I lucked out and Hubby’s trip was cancelled so he got to go with us to it. Sorry, Hotwire. I was so relieved he went with us. Good thing to because we were pretty much by ourselves. The other parents knew each other and were cuddled up in a corner talking. We talked to the teacher and found out Big Cubby is doing well in school. He gets his named called a couple of times to sit down or whatever but he listens to the teacher and does what he is told. She said he was also very sweet. We told her that this is his first school and being around other kids experience and she was surprised and said in that case he is doing great. That was great news because we were worried about him. We left and were home by 6:55pm. I am glad we went because Big Cubby was so happy to show his Daddy around the room and all the stuff he does. He also like introducing his Daddy to the teacher. It was a great moment for them.

Big Cubby got his first invitation to a party ever. I think it is a birthday party but the invite doesn’t say. I don’t know if I am supposed to go with him or drop him off. It is at a Chuck E. Cheeses. They don’t want RSVP only regrets. I am so confused.

So that is the scoop for the week.

6 comments:

Drewpy Drew said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Don't worry about the 'Can't find the van' thing. I lose my car in my own driveway some times.

Ms. Mamma said...

Funny. That is so cool that you got a little girls night out. Yay for BC! Call and ask them if it's a BD party, no biggie! You'll be glad you did.

BlondeBrony said...

Glad to hear that the ice cream social went well.
Cool about the party invitation. A true sign that Cubby is growing up.

Sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope you get better soon.

TTQ said...

Feel better soon! Great news that your husband got to go to the ice cream social! No biggie about losing your van... happens to the best of us..

Sugarmama said...

I hope I can meet other blogging moms someday. It sounds like so much fun when I read about it.

New season of The Office--woo-hoo!

CozyMama said...

glad you had fun, I may be meeting a blogger this weekend, i am soooooooooooexcited. Blither is coming to SD.