Ok, everybody I am asking for your help. You see I am not a good cook. Heck I really don't like to cook but I need to start making meals and I don't have any ideas. I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and so I need your help.
Please give me some ideas and recipes that I can use. I would like for them to be easy to make and remember I have to little ones and one of them can be picky.
I am begging for help!
7 comments:
My little guy likes grilled cheese sandwiches, PBJ's, grilled chicken, and get this...filet mignon.
He also likes peanut butter and banana sandwiches on wheat. And, most importantly, ice cream!
Try www.allrecipes.com for ideas, too.
I HIGHLY recommend getting yourself a copy of Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats, which is one of her cookbooks containing recipes you can make in 30 minutes. O.k., sometimes they take me longer than 30 minutes given that I generally have a toddler hanging off me during dinner preparation time. But still, I find the recipes to be pretty straightforward and very tasty. I can ALWAYS find some ideas for dinners when I'm all out of my own.
That said, do you ever make breakfast for dinner? That's always a hit at my house because of the sheer novelty of it.
Crockpot chicken
4 frozen chicken breasts (salt and peppered)
2 cans condenced soup (cream of chicken or whatever)
1 can of water
Pour all into crockpot & cook on low for about 6 hrs (high 3 hrs)
Make some rice before serving. Serve chicken over rice.
Thanks everybody for the suggestions! I needed the help.
I'm a little late before your grocery store trip, but here are my ideas:
Spaghetti sauce, bowtie noodles and sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top.
Any kind of roast, cut up red potatoes and carrots, add a little water and cook in the crockpot.
"Make your own pizzas:" English muffins, pizza sauce, mozz. cheese, peperonni, etc. Toast the muffins, add your favorite toppings then microwave for about 20 sec. Fun and yummy!
Be sure to share some new dishes that you try and let us know how they turn out.
Eggs. I too hate cooking, but you can make just about anything with eggs.
Try an egg tortilla muffin.
1) Pre-heat oven to 375C
2) Melt Butter in frying pan on high
3) Spray Pam in a muffin pan (the one that holds six)
4) Fold a soft tortilla shell into each muffin cup spot
5) Scramble eggs in the frying pan
(for best results, crack eggs straight into pan, pour in a bit of milk, turn down heat to medium, let eggs cook very slightly then start to scramble)
6) Once eggs are just about done add some chopped ham slices, dill, or whatever really
7) Spoon scramble eggs into pan
8) Top with grated cheese
9) Bake for five-eight minutes
You can serve with some sweet chili sauce or sour cream.
I'm not sure I explained that right, it suddenly sound complicated, but it's really good.
You can also do it with Bisquick dough.
What'd ya cook?
Tonight we did Boboli pizzas with chopped up tomatoes, buffalo mozz, basil from a jar, olive oil.
It was good. Scott thought I was fancy-pants.
I hate, hate, hate thinking, planning, cooking a meal, but eating is the most favorite thing to do, aside from reading, writing, drinking and blogging!
LOL!
Post a Comment