Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

OK, it is time to confess. I have to get this off my chest. I can’t stand the burden no more. Are you ready?

I have guilty pleasures. There I said it. I am now clean. That is right I have things I like that I would not admit in public.

You are asking yourself “why bring it up now?” Well, I need to say it out loud or in writing in this case. I want you to know the real me. I have been keeping things from you afraid of what you would think of me.

No more I am free and this is me.

Here are my guilty pleasures:

I like the new song from Justin Timberlake “Sexy Back”. I like to dance to it.

I like Kelly Clarkson

I watch So You Think You Can Dance. It was my dream to dance professionally.

I love the gossip blogs. Dlisted, Hot Momma Drama, Gabsmash just to name a few. Hollywood is so high school and I love looking in whether the gossip is true or not. These people are so sad. I feel better about my life when I read some of this stuff.

I love powdered donuts. I hide them from the boys and sneak around eating them.

I love driving by myself with the radio blaring singing and dancing.

I am in a mood to admit some things about myself so here it goes.

I wanted to be a Solid Gold Dancer.

I dance in front of the mirror.

I have lived in a trailer. We were so white trash. It was college.

I have been hit on by another girl.

I had bad acne in my middle 20’s and now I have scars and pockmarks that I am embarrassed by. Hubby says they are not noticeable but he is being sweet.

I suffer from low self esteem.

I was a janitor at a college while attending the college.

I have quit three jobs the next day after I was hired.

The first time I got drunk was when I was 19.

First time I had sex was when I was 19. And no it was not the same time I got drunk. Hubby is the one and only.

I have only had two serious boyfriends.

I was the girl that was friends with the boys never a girlfriend. Went to dances with “friends”.

I love sports. I wish I had more talent in the athletics department. I played summer softball league from 2nd grade to 8th grade.

I miscarried in 1994 which put in a depression for months. I did not get out of bed.

I was in love with Rick Springfield. Have you seen him now? Gross.

I had a jean jacket with tons of buttons on it. You know what I mean by buttons like I had on that said I want my MTV. Those buttons or flair. Guess the movie where the word flair comes from.

I almost always never wear make-up. The reason being I have never been sure on how to wear it.

Ok, I have to stop now because I don’t want to scare all of you. I can’t believe I have admitting the above so far.

So I am a freak. Please don’t be afraid and come back and read me!

6 comments:

eatmisery said...

You're not a freak, CubMommy! You're normal!

B. said...

Hi Cub Mommy! I share 4 things with you:
I also watch So You Think You Can Dance.
I like powdered donuts.
I have low self-esteem.
I love sports.

CozyMama said...

there is nothing wrong with any of that stuff, I loved solid gold as a kid and i still dance in front of the mirror too and I am 33. I also sneak yummies from the kids,not donuts but chocolate and other things. I have been caught before by my little guy, he says what's in your mouf mamma and i say nuttin....and then he asks again giving me time to sallow it and i then show him my big empty mouth still smelling of chocolate and he says want some..........he is way too smart.

if you have a chance, I know I have asked before for you to read certain posts of mine, but this one today takes the cake.

Anonymous said...

Great confessions. I'm with you on the donuts - god, those things totally rock!

Sugarmama said...

Dude, I was TOTALLY going to confess my obsession with Solid Gold, but I figured that no one else would get it! You rock for confessing!

Oh, and know what else? My older daughter was conceived in a trailer that my ex-husband and I were renting for the summer. Ha!

BlondeBrony said...

Thanks for making me smile.
I loved it!!!

I assure you we all have our fair share of quilty pleasures. I too,
~ watch So You Think You Can Dance.
~ love driving with the radio blaring singing and dancing.
~ dance in front of the mirror.
~ have been hit on by another girl (and kissed).
~ suffer from low self esteem.
~ quit one job the next day after I was hired.
~ almost always never wear make-up. The reason being I have never been sure on how to wear it.