Friday, July 22, 2005

No Improvement

Well there is no improvement with the sleeping situation. Little Cubby is getting up every hour until a certain time. Last night it was until 2:30am he stopped and did not get up again until 5am. I just don't know what to do. He was good naps throughout the day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. He is tired when it is time to go to bed in the evening. Then from 10pm on he gets up.

He has really good naps throughout the day. He has one in the morning and one in the afternoon. He is tired when he goes to bed in the evening.

It is getting to the point that I have to keep active so I don’t pass out on the couch. Big Cubby doesn’t take a nap any more and it is a rare occasion when he does. He can not be trusted so I have to make myself stay awake.

I know that a lot of parents out there go through this. I just wish there was a solution. This experience with Little Cubby has helped with the decision that there won't be any more Cubbies. I can not go through this again.

On a good note, there is nothing like having a pillow fight with your almost 4 year old. The giggles are contagious.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! Please sleep for me!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I remember Julai doing that around the same age. Is he waking up crying? I read some where this is where they become afraid of things (bad dreams and such) I hope it gets better for you :) Have a good weekend.

Piece of Work said...

Oh, Crystal, sorry it is such a struggle right now! I wish I had some advice for you. I hope Little Cubby lets you sleep this weekend!

eatmisery said...

I feel your pain. I'm still trying to get my 5.5 month old to get used to his crib. He's really fighting me!

Sleeping Mommy said...

I went through this with my oldest the entire first year of his life. It sucked. After him I refused to go through it again so with my daughter and now with my son I'm trying to train them to comfort themselves back to sleep when they wake up. I don't respond as soon as they wake/woke up. I ignore it and alot of times they will comfort themselves back to sleep.

Sometimes it gets to the point where you have to retrain them using the Crying It Out method which is not for everyone. I know alot of parents don't believe in it and can't handle it.

It's an option if you are open to it.