Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It never fails

Over the weekend, we headed over to the mall to check this store out. It is awesome everything in the store was $7.95. We bought Hubby a pair of pants and we each got a t-shirt with SIU on it. That isn't the story though.

I decided to pack a small bag for the diapers and wipes. I had been carrying around this big bag full of everything from change of clothes to umbrellas. I just threw in a couple of diapers, wipes, sippy cup and changing mat.

We were getting close to the mall when Big Cubby starts freaking out. Little Cubby decides to throw up. Lately he was been sticking his fingers down his throat gagging himself. I am not sure if it was that or his stomach was upset. The puke was just a little and I head back the back when he throws up again. We are talking the Exorcist. It was chocolate milk. Man, the smell of sour milk took over the van. He got it on his seat, jacket, shirt underneath and pants. It was a cool day out as well.

Hubby spots a Wal-Mart so we head over there. Big Cubby is about to throw up himself because he is really sensitive to stuff like that. So we are yelling at him to look out the window and just breathe. We pull in the parking lot and Hubby with Big Cubby head inside. I meanwhile take off all of Little Cubby's clothes trying not to get it on me which is hard because the poor kid is upset and just wants to be held by his mommy.

Little Cubby is dancing around the back of the van with just a diaper and socks on having a grand old time. I am trying to clean up the mess with baby wipes. Hubby comes back with a shirt, jeans, apple juice, sippy cup and more wipes. We get it all cleaned up and head to the mall.

We buy a jacket for him at Sears and then we head to lunch. That is right after all that the kid is hungry and surprisingly so are we. Big Cubby was still affected by it and would eat much. Little Cubby was fine the rest of the day so who knows what happened.

This happened to us when Big Cubby was little as well. We were out and about when he threw up. Both times I had decided to limit my bag contents. It never fails. So now I lug a big bag around with a full outfits for each boy because you never know.

4 comments:

Erin said...

It's "Mommy's Law". As soon as you think you don't need something, you will find that you do, in fact, need it tenfold!

Dough does a similar thing as Little Cubby. I watch him like a hawk at meal time (when he usually does it), but that little guy still finds a way to sneak a finger, or a fist, in and ... well you know the rest. Arg!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oh man, I hate car puke. And Tukey has the same prob as Big Cubby--he gags if he smells the garbage, if he sees a teeny blip of blood, he runs to the toilet to puke!

Gotta get together soon! Maybe an early lunch one day next week at Yorktown--the kids have Vacation Bible School 1-4 so we could meet early? Email me if any day next week looks good!

CozyMama said...

i have so been there.

Ms. Mamma said...

Yes, Snowflake was a baby bulemic as well. Why, god, why? Especially in public. This too shall pass.