Wednesday, May 10, 2006

First Blind Date

Tuesday I had my met my very first blogger in person. Manic Mom is super cool and her little Tuker is just adorable. We met up at a park and our boys got to play while we got to know one another.

At first I was really nervous because you just don't know who you are meeting when you meet someone online. I was nervous the boys would act up and that I just might be a boring person. I started to feel a little anxiety and got a little sweaty. I was afraid I would not be interesting. Manic Mom made me feel really relaxed and I had a great time.

I am not really good at meeting new people and I am trying to come out of my shell a little. (still don't like calling people on the phone hence why I haven't called to enroll Big Cubby in kindergarten).

You wonder about people who write on blogs and if they are putting up a persona that want you to know and not who they really are. Manic Mom is the real deal. She is really funny and very sweet.

I look forward to hanging out with her more! Maybe adult beverages are in order.

I would love to meet more bloggers in person. I think of a lot of you guys as my friends. You have made me feel normal and that what I go through with the boys is normal. You have been my support group. I am thankful for of your comments and your advice! Sorry to get sappy that is what happens with one bottle of beer.

5 comments:

Mise en Place said...

Wow! That sounds like fun. I have never met any of my blogging buddies, lol!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Awww. You are so sweet. I guess I'll have to write you that check now since you said such nice things!

And you are so not NOT normal. I don't know why you think that. You are such a normal, nice person!

(There, now that I said something else nice, we're even!) LOL!

CozyMama said...

i feel the same way about you too and I would love to meet you!!!! Too bad i do not still live in the area, but I do visit.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

CUBMOMMY! I totally forgot to give you Baby Proof when we met the other day! I woulda called you right now but we're running out the door for a school thing. If you call me in the a.m., I can probably drop it off to you tomorrow--I have to go to DG to pick up my contacts. (Code for crack.)

eatmisery said...

One bottle of beer and I get sleepy! You're normal, Cubmommy. The rest of us are crazy. Heh...