Hubby and I have started discussing about whether or not to have a third child. In our younger days, we wanted to have three kids. Now, I am not sure. Part of me wants one and part of me doesn't.
We talked about the fact we are up with Little Cubby, who sleeps like a newborn up every few hours, that we might as well because we are up anyway.
Trying for a third would not be because we don't have a girl. Actually I hope the third would be a boy.
I am not getting any younger and I feel a decision should be made soon.
I am wondering what you guys think out there.
7 comments:
Personally, I want 3 or 4. Hubs is happy with 2. We're in a similar boat with Dough Boy as you are with Little Cubby. Dough Boy is 3 months younger, and he doesn't sleep through the night either.
I am going to wait another year. I've got time (I'm 26). For me, I want to make sure that we have time for #4, if we so choose to try.
I say go for it. It's not like you're working on baby 17! LOL!
I say go for it. I'm having two back to back, with little rest in between. I'm hoping we'll have a third in a couple of years, just to add to the mixture. I have to let my body rest a little while longer between children this time. If I were you, I'd do it. You only live once. Why not? You're right; you're up anyway.
What do you feel in your heart? That is the answer. I don't think you should feel bad if that answer is no. I would LOVE to have a big ol' brood, but as a 37 year old single mamma of a two year old(Saturday!) my only choice would be to hit my best gay friend up for a turkey baster donation or pull a cheesey and sleazy "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You" ala Heasrt. I'm thinking it's not happening. Babies/chilcdren are so precious! I would definitely go for it, but I'd have to go even further and request one more so no one is left out of pairs riding roller coasters! You'll make the right decision!
i am so done, but babies sure are wonderful.
Well, in light of my post I feel funny saying "Heck yeah, DO IT!"
But in my defense....I'm going to be 41 this summer, so I think my baby days are behind me. However, if I were younger I would have gotten pregnant again once my daughter turned a year.
I say do it!!
It's a really tough decision. I have always wanted 3 kids, but now that my two are getting older, I dread going back to the newborn days. Plus I"m getting old and I hate being pregnant. Anther thing I've been thinking about lately is the family dynamic. Right now my two get along pretty well, and I would hate to upset the apple cart with a third, who would possibly be competition for them.
on the other hand, I just love babies. And I hate to think I'll never hold a newborn again.
Good luck with your decision, sorry I'm not much help! :)
I'm with your earlier comments. I say, go with your gut. I too would like a third and the hubs and I have been discussing when a good time to try would be...It’s certainly not easy decision as to when to make this leap...I'm finally to the point where I feel like I'm getting my body back and I'm in a rhythm with two. The idea of starting over again is daunting at times. Plus, we’d officially be outnumbered as parents – a scary prospect in and of itself
Post a Comment