Monday, September 07, 2009

First 5K

I ran my first 5K race today. I ran it in 28min 14sec. I was 2nd in my age group out of 12 and 31 overall. Not sure how many were in the race it was kind of small. All I know is that I beat a really tall basketball player and two other guys that were younger than me.

It was actually fun. I really liked the competition. I kept a consistent pace and I would pick people in front of me as I went and say ok I am going to beat that person and so on.

My boys kept asking me if I won the race and did I get a medal. They were a little disappointed I did not "win". I told them that it wasn't mommy's goal to win but to complete the race and that I had a certain time I wanted to finish. I beat my goal.

The boys got to run the 50 yard dash and they got a little medal for it. It was cute.

It was really fun and I am all ready signing up for another one in October.

1 comment:

March2theSea said...

excellent..congrats. Make room for all those medals!! hahaha