Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to School

We are on our third day of First Grade and knock on wood everything seems to be going well. Big Cubby has been pretty happy going into school when the bell rings. He is very tired when he gets home from school due to the fact he is not used to being gone all day.

Last night we had a melt down because he was so tired. It was a very difficult night. He told me he liked going to school in the morning but not in the afternoon. He wants to come home after lunch. I explained to him that he would miss all the fun stuff that happens in the afternoon if he came home. I was afraid this morning we would have a meltdown but he was happy and went in to school with no problems.

Big Cubby's new teacher is soooo nice and she has been at the school for a long time so she has seen it all. One of the mother's I talked to said she is the best teacher in the whole school.

So we begin on a good note. It has been awesome around the house while he is in school. It is quiet and not stressful. I am enjoying it. Little Cubby misses BC though.

Here is to a great school year for everybody!!

1 comment:

Jenster said...

The first week is always so hard on everybody! I'm glad he likes his teacher. :o)