We are going to have some major events happening in our lives soon. I have wanted to talk about this but have been hesitant. I am going to go ahead and talk about it.
Hubby has been having a really tough time at work and the direction of the company is taking a different turn that my husband can’t agree with. So he was been looking for a new job.
He applied to a few places near where our family lives which is about 6 hours from us. He got nothing. We have felt pressure to move closer because on my husband’s side we are the only ones with the grandkids. I love Hubby’s family just don’t like the pressure we should move there when I think our kids have a better advantage up here.
There are no jobs where our family lives for my Hubby and we like living here. Chicago has been Hubby’s dream to live back here since he moved from here in 5th grade. So, we made the decision to stay in the area.
Hubby started applying to a couple of places here and he got an interview month ago. He was called back for a second interview and now this week he is going back for a third interview. It is looking very promising and we are hoping he gets it because his current job is a toxic environment.
If he gets this job it is going to start major events in our life. We are going to look into buying a home. Thanks to the National Guard, Hubby can qualify for government loans. We are hoping to get one and settle down in one place. We have always rented since we have been married and never owned. This is a very scary step for us.
I want the kids to have some roots and make friends. I want a sense of community. I want a washer and dryer (yes, I go to the Laundromat for a family of 5).
So we have some major decisions to make in the next few months. It seems like our life is in limbo right now. We are just hoping that Hubby gets this job and we can move on.
This has caused a lot of stress in our home.
8 comments:
That's so great. Don't be 'ascared'. I bought a house after college..I'm still there. I'm attached and now so is Snowflake...there is no place like home! Congrats and enjoy the hunt!
Life changes are always stressful, but in the long run it sounds like it will be a positive life change for you & your family of 5 :)
We are also planning a life change here soon. A big move up north. The decision is do we move now while I am pregnant or after the baby is born???
I hope he gets the job!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that he gets the job. You guys will be able to plant your roots if all goes well.
I'll keep you in my thoughts. Buying a home is scary at first, but it's so worth it. I hope you find one you love.
Wow ... good luck! Toxic working environments are MISERABLE! Just getting out of it will make a huge difference for you guys!
Even good change is stressful change, but I SO hope this works out for you. I felt so settled when we finally bought our first house. It really is a totally different mindset. The financial commitment is scary, but at least you're not basically flushing your rent money down the toilet every month.
Crossing my fingers here...
Yes, that is stressful but also exciting. Try to keep thinking of all the good things!
Hey - it's potentially great news, even though it's scary. And I did the landromat thing for five years before I got my own washer/dryer, and I remember the joy of being able to do it AT HOME.
Post a Comment