Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Busy weekend

We had a very busy weekend.

We belong to the YMCA so Friday night we attended their Halloween party. They boys got Halloween temp tatoos and their face painted. We had popcorn and bat brew. It was a fun time. Little Cubby was so excited about his tatoo he kept saying "Look at my tatoon" Yes that is how he said it.

Saturday we went to our local movie theater that had a Halloween contest, popcorn and a free movie. The kids were in the group catergory. They were the VeggieTales. Big Cubby was Larry the Cucumber, Little Cubby was Bob the Tomato and Ladybug was the French Peas. We did not win anything. Basically to win something you have to make your costume from scratch. My husband was disappointed in me for not being creative so he has decided to take over the kids costumes next year. I told him they are all yours.

On Sunday the Lions Club put on a Halloween parade for the kids to march in. So we participated in that. Let tell you it was so lame. The boys really did not care to be in it. It was run so poorly. At the end of the parade route they had goody bags, apple cider and they announced winners to the costume categories. Who they picked to win sucked. In our category was TV/Movie this kid should have won. He was the Alien from the Alien movies. It was homemade and just awesome. The kid who won was dressed in a pinstripe suit and was a gangster. It was so lame.

I am officially over Halloween. Tomorrow is Big Cubby's Halloween party at school. I am not taking the kids trick or treating. They got enough candy this weekend. Besides it is supposed to be chilly and possibly rainy tomorrow night here.

I am so exhausted still I need a vacation.

2 comments:

Ms. Mamma said...

OMG! You know he's going to make them into various antique cameras! Let him have it...you have enough fish to fry. Snowflake is going to be a white tiger(he picked it out). They remind me of Mexican velvet oil paintings,...I wanted a monkey.

B. said...

After that weekend, I'd be Halloweened out too!