Monday, February 26, 2007

New Bed



For the past two weeks, Little Cubby has been sleeping in his new bed. We finally decided it was time for him to start getting used not sleeping in the crib so when the baby came he would not have any problems.
He had only climbed out a couple of times but for the most part he stayed in it. Now that there is freedom he won't take a nap. This has been very rough for me. I would use that time to snooze a little and get some energy.
The witching hour around here is unbearable. Both boys cranky is not fun.


Little Cubby seems to like his new bed. I have put a safety gate at his door which helps at night. It usually depends on the night how long it takes for him to go to sleep. Some nights it is only 15 minutes and others over an hour. Good news is by the time the baby is here we shouldn't have a problem with him going to sleep quicker in his bed.
Now if I can get him out of diapers we will be good to go. I don't see that happening anytime soon. He shows no interest in it and I am not pushing him.

6 comments:

eatmisery said...

Awwwww! That's so wonderful! I'm proud of him!

CozyMama said...

love it, my little guy would be going nuts if he saw that bedding.

xxxx said...

Yuck on the no naps! Good thing he's so cute, huh? :)

Sugarmama said...

It's nice for me to get a refresher course on this. It's been a LONG time since I had to train a young'un to sleep in a big girl bed. My little girl is almost 2 now and I remember transitioning her older sister at that age, but I just can't quite remember how...

Mise en Place said...

Yeah, I remember those days. My son was NEVER a napper, EVER! He wasn't even two when Mina came, so two in diapers and not a napper, lol!

Although, it passed and I survived. I think you'll do great!

Ms. Mamma said...

That is so awesome! I chose to do the whole co-sleeping thing w/ Snowflake and it's fine, but I miss sprawling out. Usually I'm hanging on for dear life at the edge of the queen size bed. He'll be fine by the time Baby Sister arrives! Ps He is adorable!