Friday, July 04, 2008

RIP Retro

Retro passed away today. I guess I jinxed them. Goldie is still hanging on. Little Cubby was told and all he said was "Mommy I am hungry" so he really did not understand. I am sure tomorrow when he sees that his fish is gone he might think about it for a minute.

So Retro you were a good fish and we enjoyed you for the week we had you. Farewell.

4 comments:

eatmisery said...

I'm sorry to hear about Retro. I wonder why they never last long.

Lisa said...

Last year we bought a fish tank. Met this wonderful, knowlegeable guy at the fish store who helped us so much as we knew NOTHING! He said goldfish don't do well in the little bowls because they need a tank where you have the air blowing in. Also, that they are very "dirty" fish with producing a lot of ammonia with their pee. I know, I also used to have goldfish in bowls and wonder why they didn't last long. It's just the wrong environment for them.

cubmommy said...

Mamalife,

Thanks for the info. Wow, I never knew this about goldfish. That totally makes sense because we have been cleaning out the bowls every other day wondering why they get so dirty so quick.

xxxx said...

Awwwwww!