Friday, June 24, 2005
TGIF
I am glad tomorrow is Saturday. My husband will be home and can help out with the boys. The weather the past two days has been hotter than hades. There is a heat warning with the heat index going to 105. I think if you step outside you will burst into flames. Today starts the Taste of Chicago which is a huge eating fest where you can try tons of different restaurants. It runs from June 24-July 4. The best part is free concerts with big names. L.L. Cool J. opens the fest tonight. Lynyrd Skynyrd, Los Lonely Boys, Santana, Morris Day and the Time, and Donna Summer just to name a few. Actually those are the ones I am interested in. Anyway, a very busy weekend. The crosstown games start today. Cubs vs. White Sox. Cubs are in trouble because White Sox are one of the best teams right now coming off a 7 game win streak. Also my in-laws are coming up this weekend. We will see them on Sunday when we go to my husbands grandparents house. It is going to be a very busy weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sounds like a fun and busy weekend! Ive only been to Chicago 3 or 4 times, but I loved it :)
Laura-thanks for stopping by. I love Chicago too. I love walking the lake path.
Hey, Crystal! I'm a diehard Cubs fan, too, born and raised here. I'm 33 and have a four and a half month old son who is also a Cubs fan. Email me and we can chat more. What side of the city are you on? I'm a Northwest Sider.
Thanks for the comment on my Tom Cruise rant. I loathe that man.
See my June 10, 2005 post titled "Four Month Vaccination Day." My son is wearing his Cubs outfit.
Post a Comment