Monday, April 28, 2008

Moviegoer

For the past couple of months I have been going to the early movie on the weekends. That is a couple times a month. By myself.

That's right I have been taking mommy breaks while my hubby watches the kids. It has been great.

First the early movie only costs 5 bucks. I don't buy any of the food or drink there to save money and my waistline.

The lists of movies I have seen so far are as follows:
Juno (funny and sweet)
Definitely,Maybe (ok, Ryan Reynolds is hot)
Run Fat Boy Run (very funny)
Saving Sarah Marshall (very, very, very funny)
Baby Mama (funny and sweet)



It has been fun and relaxing.

A quick story about going to see Baby Mama yesterday. I went to the early movie and when the trailers started showing there was an obvious problem with the sound. The music would be really loud and when people would talk you could barely hear them. Several people got up to tell management about it. The movie started and you could not hear. A customer goes down to where the manager was standing in the theater and starts very loudly complaining and telling them to stop the movie until they get the sound fixed. The manager wouldn't so the woman said then we should get our money back and a free pass. Finally the manager relented and announced that she would do that. Everybody got up from their seats and got the refund and free ticket.

The movie was showing on two screens, so I went back later in the afternoon knowing that the time for the one I wanted was on the other screen. I got to see the movie for free.

I do like going early because it is usually under 20 people seeing the movie. It is like being in your own living room because everybody is spread out. The afternoon show was crowded.

I plan on seeing more movies in the future. I know that I will be seeing Sex in the City movie when it comes out. After that we will see.

5 comments:

March2theSea said...

i have juno and there will be blood at home right now (we do netflix) so I look forward to those.

our local paper had the summer run down of films. Mrs March has a b'day in may so I might see if my folks will take the kids for an overnight and we can have date night.

I saw U23D alone. I do a lot alone..sick of people not wanting to do stuff and me missing out. Forget that!

B. said...

Glad you are able to get out and have a break to regain your sanity!

Sugarmama said...

Woo-hoo! Let's hear it for solo mama time!

TTQ said...

Good for you! I use to love afternoon movies during the weekdays, I should start doing that again.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I.AM.SO.JEALOUS.

I don't know why I don't do this.