Monday, December 11, 2006

New firsts for the boys

Last Wednesday Big Cubby had his first playdate. A mom came up to me when I dropped BC off for school and wanted my phone number because her son was wanting BC to come over to play. Then she said well I know this is short notice but I am having another little boy over today if BC wanted to come. She said I was also invited and she would make lunch.

So I swallowed my no because I am not good in these situations and said yes. So after school we went over and went fairly well. They have a dog which scared BC because of being bit before by a dog but after the dog was blocked off he had fun. Each little boy wanted to play with BC. Little Cubby wasn't too bad either. We were only there for about an hour and 15 mins. Now though I am going to have to host one as courtesy and I could tell it is really a big deal and exhausting. Since the pregnancy is really hitting me hard this time I am not looking forward to it.


Other news.

Little Cubby has figured out how to climb out of his crib. It has been a blessing that his legs are short that he couldn't do this before so we could put off teaching him to sleep in a regular bed. I think we will put the crib matteress on the floor and start with that until after Christmas then get him a big boy bed. I remember hating the process of getting Big Cubby to stay in his bed. I have been dreading Little Cubby doing this for a long time. I guess it has to happen sometime since a new little one will need the crib.

Big Cubby got an invitation to a birthday party on Friday for two of the little boys in his class. It is at a bowling alley and it is right after school. This will be the first one he has ever gone to. I am a little nervous about it but I think he should go. One problem though, Big Cubby does not like one of the little boys who is having the party. The kid is kind of a bully and has done a couple of things to Big Cubby. Luckily the teacher say this and has dealt with it. I don't know how is this is going to go. Just remember something. Big Cubby has extension class on Fridays and doesn't get out until 1pm so I don't think he can go since the party starts at 11:30am. We pay extra for this so I don't want him to miss school. We will see what happens.

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

eatmisery said...

Climbing out of the crib is something I dread my son starting to do.

I don't know how you do it, Cubmommy. You're a rock!

Mise en Place said...

Play dates can be stressful and exhausting but don't worry they do get easier and can be lots of fun for Mom's too. I've met some very good friends through both of my children, so hang in there.

My only word of advice for what it's worth.....Just let your kids have fun and most of all let them be themselves. There a lots of parents out there, Mothers mostly that will lead you to believe your kids should be something else or something more...It's just CRAP!!

Kari Lee Townsend said...

I always dreaded when they would climb out of the crib. It's so hard to keep them in bed after that. Although a baby gate on their door can work so they can't wander around the house in the middle of the night. Good luck.

CozyMama said...

all the luck to you.