Thank you everybody for the warm congrats. I have been in shock and a daze for the past couple of days. I am just trying to wrap my head around it. I have set up a doctor's appointment and it is on November 13th.
I know this is really early in the pregnancy and I haven't even confirmed this with a doctor but I wanted to share this in the beginning if God forbid something happens. I want to share all my feelings here since I can't with family.
I don't want to come off ungrateful or selfish here. I don't want to offend anybody who is having fertility problems. I know I am blessed and very lucky. I am just trying to work out these feelings.
This was not planned. When we were trying for both boys it took 6 months to conceive both of them. Two times for this one was all it took. Two times!
I feel guilty because my brother-in-law and sister-in-law have been trying for over ten years to get pregnant and can't. They can't afford IVF and have looked into adoption but it is also expensive. Here I am pregnant again and they have none. I know they love our kids a whole lot. I know they will be excited about the news but I feel deep down they might be resentful.
This is why my feelings are screwed up right now. I know that after the doctor's appointment when everything is confirmed and I have a due date that I might be able to relax.
By the way R. Martini, I am not keeping the test. I just wanted a picture of it instead.
Be warned everybody I am not a happy person pregnant. Both times I complained a lot. I am just warning you.
6 comments:
I didn't take offense and I can't have kids ..I just get baby fever every now and again. We figure in god's time if it is meant to be. We have plenty of neices, nephews and other assorted little friends, and we love spoiling them!
I linked over to you from "Comments from the Peanut Gallery" because I just had to be nosey and find out what the big surprise is.
Congratulations!
J.
This is the place to vent, my dear! And blog throughout your pregnancy. You won't regret it. You may even look back on some posts next year and laugh, grateful that the pregnancy hormones are over.
I'm jumping up and down for you!
Thanks for the warning. I'll still pop in for a visit.
I can understand your feelings, but know that God works in mysterious ways. We just don't always understand it.
You are very lucky to have a place to vent and think through your thoughts. Plus, you get a little feedback every now and again.
Hey, hope you're feeling well. Whether a pregnancy is expected or a surprise, it is a mind-boggling experience as you know, with ups and downs every single minute! You will be great. You already are a great mommy, have a great husband and a beautiful family. You're just adding more to it! : )
Hey www.babyzone.com is a helpful place to connect with other pregnant moms (Plus, I work for the website ; )
Take naps!
I am new to this blog thing and found your site. I cant imagine what you must be going through with 2 kids and a "surpirse"! I'm still fresh outta the pregnancy thing as my son is only 6 months old. How has your husband taken the news?
Post a Comment